God's rules do more than restrict--they give freedom.
They are words of prevention and protection.
They define identity--ours and God's.
Each of the studies in this guide by Rob Suggs looks at one of God's commandments and a Bible passage that will help you better understand how to apply God's law. As you study these laws, you will encounter God himself.
In this twelve session LifeGuide® Bible Study features additional questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, together with expanded leader's notes and a "Now or Later" section in each study.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
Getting the Most Out of The Ten Commandments
1. Laying Down the Law - Exodus 20
2. The One and Only - 1 Kings 18-16-39
3. Idol Minds - Exodus 32
4. Respect for the Name - Psalm 96
5. Respect for Sabbath Rest - Psalm 16
6. Respect for Parents - Ruth 1:1-18
7. Respect for Life - 1 Samuel 24
8. Respect for Marriage - 2 Samuel 11
9. Respect for Property - Acts 4:32--5:11
10. Respect for the Truth - Proverbs 12
11. The Value of Contentment - 1 Timothy 6:3-10
12. The Law of Grace - Romans 3:9-31