God's rules do more than restrict--they give freedom.
They are words of prevention and protection.
They define identity--ours and God's.
Each of the studies in this guide by Rob Suggs looks at one of God's commandments and a Bible passage that will help you better understand how to apply God's law. As you study these laws, you will encounter God himself.
In this twelve session LifeGuide® Bible Study features additional questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, together with expanded leader's notes and a "Now or Later" section in each study.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
PDF download with a single-user license; available from InterVarsity Press and other resellers.
Getting the Most Out of The Ten Commandments
1. Laying Down the Law - Exodus 20
2. The One and Only - 1 Kings 18-16-39
3. Idol Minds - Exodus 32
4. Respect for the Name - Psalm 96
5. Respect for Sabbath Rest - Psalm 16
6. Respect for Parents - Ruth 1:1-18
7. Respect for Life - 1 Samuel 24
8. Respect for Marriage - 2 Samuel 11
9. Respect for Property - Acts 4:32--5:11
10. Respect for the Truth - Proverbs 12
11. The Value of Contentment - 1 Timothy 6:3-10
12. The Law of Grace - Romans 3:9-31