Who are your role models?
The world desperately needs role models today--people who are fully human yet who exceed human expectations and point others toward God. David is such a role model. His struggles with sin are infamous, and the Psalms reveal his anguish and doubts. Yet he is also described as "a man after God's own heart"--the champion of Israel.
In this study guide, Jack Kuhatschek introduces you to David the servant and the leader, the sinner and the redeemed, the man and the instrument of God's creative purposes. As you explore David's tumultous story, you too will discover what it means to have a passionate heart for God.
Now available in IVP's revised LifeGuide Bible Study format, David features questions for starting group discussions and for personal reflection, as well as a new "Now or Later" section following each session.
Getting the Most Out of David
1. The Lord Looks at the Heart - 1 Samuel 16:1-13
2. The Battle Is the Lord's - 1 Samuel 17
3. True Friendship - 1 Samuel 20:1-17, 30-42
4. A Matter of Conscience - 1 Samuel 24
5. Secure in the Lord - 1 Samuel 25
6. Finding Strength in the Lord - 1 Samuel 30:1-25
7. God's Wrath Blessing - 2 Samuel 6
8. God's Promise to David - 2 Samuel 7
9. Facing Temptation - 2 Samuel 11
10. God's Severe Mercy - 2 Samuel 12
11. Misplaced Trust - 1 Chronicles 21:1--22:1
12. Generous Giving - 1 Chronicles 29