Who are your role models? The world desperately needs role models today—people who are fully human yet who exceed human expectations and point others toward God. David is such a role model. His struggles with sin are infamous, and the Psalms reveal his anguish and doubts. Yet he is also described as "a man after God's own heart"—the champion of Israel.
In this twelve-session LifeGuide® Bible Study, Jack Kuhatschek introduces you to David the servant and the leader, the sinner and the redeemed, the man and the instrument of God's creative purposes. As you explore David's tumultous story, you too will discover what it means to have a passionate heart for God.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
PDF download with a single-user license; available from InterVarsity Press and other resellers.
Getting the Most Out of David
1. The Lord Looks at the Heart - 1 Samuel 16:1-13
2. The Battle Is the Lord's - 1 Samuel 17
3. True Friendship - 1 Samuel 20:1-17, 30-42
4. A Matter of Conscience - 1 Samuel 24
5. Secure in the Lord - 1 Samuel 25
6. Finding Strength in the Lord - 1 Samuel 30:1-25
7. God's Wrath Blessing - 2 Samuel 6
8. God's Promise to David - 2 Samuel 7
9. Facing Temptation - 2 Samuel 11
10. God's Severe Mercy - 2 Samuel 12
11. Misplaced Trust - 1 Chronicles 21:1--22:1
12. Generous Giving - 1 Chronicles 29