When we strip away what is superficial, cultural or traditional, what is the essence of true Christianity?
What qualities and beliefs characterize a living--and life-changing--faith?
The three letters of John help to answer these questions. 1, 2 and 3 John focus on the most important aspects of Christian life. As Ron Blankley leads you through the twelve LifeGuide® Bible Study lessons of these letters, you'll discover what really matters--now and for eternity.
Now available in IVP's revised LifeGuide Bible Study format, John's Letters features questions for starting group discussions and for personal reflection, as well as a new "Now or Later" section following each session.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
Getting the Most Out of John's Letters
1. Fellowship Forgiveness - 1 John 1
2. Talking Walking the Truth - 1 John 2:1-11
3. Encouragement Warning - 1 John 2:12-17
4. How Important Is Theology? - 1 John 2:18-27
5. Life Father, Like Son - 1 John 2:28--3:10
6. Blessed Assurance - 1 John 3:11-24
7. Discernment Devotion - 1 John 4:1-12
8. Fear's Remedy - 1 John 4:13-21
9. Faith Is the Victory - 1 John 5:1-12
10. What We Know as Christians - 1 John 5:13-21
11. Truth Love - 2 John
12. Opening Our Hearts Homes - 3 John