Do you look around you and see nothing but trouble?
Or are you experiencing firsthand a time of suffering?
Do you wonder how any good can come out of the world you live in?
In the Old Testament book of Isaiah, you'll discover that trouble and suffering are nothing new to God's people. But the prophet Isaiah raises a loud cry for revival in this midst of a rotting society. Isaiah firmly believes that God can triumph even in the worst of times.
As Howard Peskett guides you through these studies on Isaiah, you'll dig deep into the prophet's revolutionary message of repentance, forgiveness and hope. And you'll find comfort for coping with your own troubled times.
This LifeGuide Bible Study in IVP's revised format features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, as well as a new "Now or Later" section following each session to help you act on what you learn.
PDF download with a single-user license; available from InterVarsity Press and other resellers.
Getting the Most Out of Isaiah 40--66
1. A Hope That Never Tires - Isaiah 40
2. "Here Is My Servant" - Isaiah 42
3. You Are Precious - Isaiah 43:1--44:5
4. Turning to God - Isaiah 45
5. Strong Foundations for Service - Isaiah 49:1-18
6. The Burning Heart of Scripture - Isaiah 52:13--53:12
7. Shout for Joy - Isaiah 54--55
8. Jeans of Joy Shirts of Praise - Isaiah 61
9. The Exhilaration of God's Love - Isaiah 62
10. A Cry for Forgiveness Revival - Isaiah 63:7--64: 12
11. The Terror the Glory - Isaiah 65:17--66:24