Do you look around you and see nothing but trouble?
Or are you experiencing firsthand a time of suffering?
Do you wonder how any good can come out of the world you live in?
In the Old Testament book of Isaiah, you'll discover that trouble and suffering are nothing new to God's people. But the prophet Isaiah raises a loud cry for revival in this midst of a rotting society. Isaiah firmly believes that God can triumph even in the worst of times.
As Howard Peskett guides you through these studies on Isaiah, you'll dig deep into the prophet's revolutionary message of repentance, forgiveness and hope. And you'll find comfort for coping with your own troubled times.
This LifeGuide Bible Study in IVP's revised format features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, as well as a new "Now or Later" section following each session to help you act on what you learn.
Getting the Most Out of Isaiah
Part 1: Lessons In Trust - Isaiah 1--39
1. No More Rotten Religion! - Isaiah 1
2. Longing Living For That Day - Isaiah 2
3. A Song of Injustice - Isaiah 5
4. Responding to God's Call - Isaiah 6
5. To Us a Child Is Born - Isaiah 8:19--9:7
6. A Hope to Live By - Isaiah 11--12
7. Our Spoiled World - Isaiah 24
8. Free at Last! - Isaiah 25
9. Why Can Trust You? - Isaiah 30:1-18
10. The Source of Confidence - Isaiah 36--37
11. How Quick We Are to Forget - Isaiah 38--39
Part 2: Finding Hope - Isaiah 40-66
12. A Hope That Never Tires - Isaiah 40
13. "Here Is My Servant" - Isaiah 42
14. You Are Precious - Isaiah 43:1--44:5
15. Turning to God - Isaiah 45
16. Strong Foundations for Service - Isaiah 49:1-18
17. The Burning Heart of Scripture - Isaiah 52:13--53:12
18. Shout for Joy - Isaiah 54--55
19. Jeans of Joy Shirts of Praise - Isaiah 61
20. The Exhilaration of God's Love - Isaiah 62
21. A Cry for Forgiveness Revival - Isaiah 63:7--64: 12
22. The Terror the Glory - Isaiah 65:17--66:24