Couples of the Old Testament
The Old Testament tells the stories of fascinating men and women in relationship: couples who live with chronic disappointment, couples who overcome all obstacles to be together, in-laws who can't stand each other, a wife who risks death if she walks in on her husband unannounced, and a husband who takes back his wife when she becomes a prostitute. There are arranged marriages, fiercely loving marriages, enduring marriages, an instant marriage, a coerced marriage, and a perfect marriage—until the couple blew it!
In this nine-session LifeGuide® Bible Study, Dale and Sandy Larsen lead you to dig deeper into these relationships highlighted in the Bible to learn important lessons about marriage, God and yourself.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
PDF download with a single-user license; available from InterVarsity Press and other resellers.
Getting the Most Out of Couples of the Old Testament
1. Adam and Eve: Ideal Companions - Genesis 2:15--3:13
2. Abraham and Sarah: Waiting Together - Genesis 17:1-8, 15-22; 21:1-7
3. Isaac and Rebekah: How God Makes a Match - Genesis 24:24-67
4. Jacob and Rachel: Love Endures - Genesis 29:1-30
5. Boaz and Ruth: Faithfulness Rewarded - Ruth 2:1-13; 4:1-17
6. Elkanah and Hannah: Dealing with Disappointment - 1 Samuel 1
7. David and Abigail: Wise Intervention - 1 Samuel 25:14-42
8. Hosea and Gomer: Unconditional Love - Hosea 1 and 3
9. King Xerxes and Esther: Courageous Influence - Esther 4:1--5:8