Couples of the Old Testament
The Old Testament tells the stories of fascinating men and women in relationship: couples who live with chronic disappointment, couples who overcome all obstacles to be together, in-laws who can't stand each other, a wife who risks death if she walks in on her husband unannounced, and a husband who takes back his wife when she becomes a prostitute.
There are arranged marriages, fiercely loving marriages, enduring marriages, an instant marriage, a coerced marriage and a perfect marriage--until the couple blew it!
Dale and Sandy Larsen lead you to dig deeper into these relationships highlighted in the Bible to learn important lessons about marriage, God and yourself.
This LifeGuide Bible Study features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, together with leader's notes and a "Now or Later" section in each study.
Getting the Most Out of Couples of the Old Testament
1. Adam and Eve: Ideal Companions - Genesis 2:15--3:13
2. Abraham and Sarah: Waiting Together - Genesis 17:1-8, 15-22; 21:1-7
3. Isaac and Rebekah: How God Makes a Match - Genesis 24:24-67
4. Jacob and Rachel: Love Endures - Genesis 29:1-30
5. Boaz and Ruth: Faithfulness Rewarded - Ruth 2:1-13; 4:1-17
6. Elkanah and Hannah: Dealing with Disappointment - 1 Samuel 1
7. David and Abigail: Wise Intervention - 1 Samuel 25:14-42
8. Hosea and Gomer: Unconditional Love - Hosea 1 and 3
9. King Xerxes and Esther: Courageous Influence - Esther 4:1--5:8