What Does Your Soul Love?
What do you really want? What is your soul clinging to? What is getting in your way?
In these pages Gem and Alan Fadling outline eight key questions that offer deep insight into how we experience soul change. These questions open the door to spiritual transformation. They help us unpack where we are stuck, where we are in pain, where we are afraid, and much more. They also reveal the path to joy and to the heart of God. Spiritual inventories and exercises will guide you, along with stories from Gem and Alan's lives and their ministry together through Unhurried Living.
"Embarking on a journey of transformation involves remaining awake to a deeper level of reality that is always present," write the Fadlings. "Remaining on this journey requires a simpler, God focus. These eight questions about transformation can help us cultivate this kind of deeper awareness and soul focus. These paths help keep us on the journey of transformation. They keep us in the presence of the transforming One."
This practical, personal book offers a path to understanding what God wants to reveal in your soul.
1. Invitation: Changing from the center
2. Desire: What do you really want?
3. Resistance: What is getting in your way?
4. Vulnerability: Where are you hiding?
5. Truth: What is most real to you?
6. Pain: How are you suffering?
7. Fear: What are you afraid of?
8. Control: What are you clinging to?
9. Joy: What does your soul love?
10. Process: Staying on the path of change
Appendix A—Creative Spiritual Practices
Appendix B—A Process for Transformation
Appendix C—Guide for Groups