Wanting to Be Her
How do you feel when you look at a magazine cover?
Do you ever look at the models and wish you looked like them?
Most women have had that experience. When you go to the health club, you notice how buff the woman to the left is and how skinny the woman to the right is. And when you go out, you see the guys flocking to talk with certain women and wonder if your looks stack up to theirs.
When you get dressed in the morning, do you worry about whether your jeans are flattering? Do you think about who you are going to see when you decide how to do your hair? When you eat a meal, do you think about those magazine models again?
Most women do. And they are buying into a lie.
In this book Michelle Graham reveals how easy it is to fall into the trap of viewing your body through the lens of culture rather than through the eyes of God. She helps you understand that these are not the things that God wants you to dwell on. And these are not the true qualities of beauty.
As you read this book you will discover that beauty comes in all shapes, sizes and colors, and it cannot be airbrushed or faked. In these pages you will discover the true secrets of a positive body image.
"Though the subject of beauty and body and ethnicity and weight might leave a woman feeling self-conscious, after reading this book, I felt unusually relaxed. My longing for God was reawakened, and my love for other women renewed."
"A valuable dicussion starter and good book club choice for young Christian women and parent groups."
1. The Lie We Buy: Beauty and Culture
2. Was Eve a 36C? Beauty and the Fall
3. When Beauty Becomes a Beast: Beauty and Consequences
4. Who's the Fairest of Them All? Beauty and Ethnicity
5. Who Are We Trying to Please? Beauty and Sin
6. Can I Still Keep My Favorite Lipstick? Beauty and Balance
7. Is There More Than Meets the Eye? Beauty and Character
8. Where Can I Get a Supernatural Makeover? Beauty and Freedom
Appendix: A Note About Eating Disorders