Waiting for God
We spend much of our life waiting. For healing for ourselves or a friend. For a wayward daughter to return to God. For a new job. For marriage and children and grandchildren. Sometimes the waiting can cause us to feel stuck, or forgotten by God. But waiting time is not wasted time.
These eight studies by Juanita Ryan help you draw near to God in times of uncertainty and postponement. As she leads you and your group through significant moments of waiting in Scripture, you will become familiar with the dynamics of such times and learn to hear God?s call to rest in his timing.
Getting the Most Out of Waiting
1. When Waiting Is Difficult: Psalm 13
2. Wisdom in Waiting: Proverbs 3:1-12
3. Waiting for God: Psalm 42
4. Waiting Together: Job 2:11-13; 6:1-3, 14-17; 13:1-5
5. Waiting with Hope: Luke 1:1-25, 57-80
6. God?s Presence and Purposes in Our Waiting: Genesis 39
7. The Gifts in Waiting: Psalm 40
8. The God Who Waits: Luke 15:11-31