Waiting . . .
In a dead-end career for a breakthrough . . .
In an unhappy marriage for relief or escape . . .
In a chronic illness for a ray of hope . . .
In solitude for the loneliness to subside . . .
In turmoil for peace to come . . .
Sometimes we find our lives placed on hold. Deep questions begin to surface. How long must I wait? Is there any meaning to all this waiting? Can I trust God?
We can't help but wonder what is happening--and why?
In Waiting, Ben Patterson uncovers two cardinal virtues required for successful waiting--humility and hope. You will learn how humility teaches us we exist for God's sake, not for our own; and you will learn how hope assures us that there is something worth waiting for.
Introduction: Why Wait?
1. Naked I Came, Naked I Shall Depart (Job 1)
2. Wth Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies? (Job 4-25)
3. Cosmic Egotism (Job 26-42)
4. Journey on a Promise (Genesis 12:1-9)
5. A Mirror, Not a Model (Genesis 12:1-20)
6. The Road Less Traveled (Genesis 13:1-18)
7. Counterfeit Faith (Genesis 16:1-16)
8. Keep on Laughing (Genesis 18)
9. Partners in Waiting (Genesis 18:16-33)
10. Faith's Ultimate Test (Genesis 22:1-19)