Open this book and begin an epic human journey--the journey toward truth.
Enjoy a delightful and imaginative allegory of timeless wisdom as you travel along the road of true knowledge. Socrates, the thoroughly reasonable and wise philosopher of Athens, will accompany you much of the way. With sharp questions and canny wit he will coach you past the winsome, the wily and the half-wise spin-doctors of error posted along the ancient byways. Every tempting path will be exposed as a road best not taken.
The Journey is an animated and topographical roadmap for modern pilgrims walking the ancient paths in search of reality. Crucial questions present decisive turns in the road:
Is there truth?
Does meaning exist?
Is there right and wrong?
Does God exist, and if so, what is he like?
These and other essential questions provide guidance that delightfully entertains while directing your mind and spirit on the journey toward the freedom of truth.
1. The Beginning: To Question or Not to Question, That Is the Question
2. The Skeptic: Is It True That There Is No Truth?
3. The Cynic: Can't We Be Cynical About Cynicism?
4. The Nihilist: Is the Meaning of Life That Life Is Meaningless?
5. The Materialist: What's the Matter with "Nothing But Matter"?
6. The Relativist: Is It Really Wrong to Think There's a Real Right Wrong?
7. The Atheist: Can There Be a Moral Law Without a Moral Lawgiver?
8. The Pantheist the Deist: Is God Everywhere or Nowhere?
9. The Jew: Could His-Story Be a Non-Prophet Organization?
10. The Messiah: Is Jesus Lord, Liar or Lunatic?