A Formatio book. Does the fast pace of life in the twenty-first century make it difficult for you to find even a few moments of peace?
Do you long to set aside time to be alone with God?
Do you wonder how to best spend time in silence and solitude once you have it?
What do you anticipate will be the results of creating "quiet time" in your daily routine?
In this Bible study guide, Jan Johnson covers the disciplines of silence and solitude. Going deeper in these areas will lead you toward a more interactive relationship with God. You will learn how to hear God's voice and allow him to shape not only your times of quiet but also the rest of your daily routine.
"Jan Johnson gives realistic direction on what we can do to make connecting with God the basis of day to day existence. Such a relationship cannot be handed to us, but we can be led into it by someone who knows the way. She does. She opens a path on which anyone can actually and continuously grow in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ--anyone, no matter their background or circumstances."
Introducing Solitude Silence
1. Examples of Solitude: Jesus' Personal Getaways - Mark 1:21-39
2. Examples of Solitude: Jacob's Transformation - Genesis 28:10-22; 32:22--33:3
3. Activities in Solitude: Delighting in God - Psalm 37:1-11
4. Activities in Solitude: Resting in God - Isaiah 30:15-22
5. Results of Solitude: Hearing God's Surprises - I Kings 19:1-18
6. Results of Solitude: How God Changes You - John 15:1-16
Guidelines for Leaders