What do we mean when we talk about small groups?
And more importantly: what do we expect to happen when people gather in this way? The small group that wrote this book—made up of current and former campus ministry professionals with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship—sees a small group as: a community that studies the Bible, prays and participates in God's mission together for the purposes of God's transforming work.
Small groups are about transformation, and in this book transformation is given flesh and blood in the faces and names of the people you lead.
A Note from the Publisher
About the Authors
1. 1106: The Story of a Transformational Community
2. Gathering a Small Group
3. Small Groups as Community
4. Dynamics of Community
5. Not Just Bible Study: The Power of God's Word in Small Groups
6. Prayer and Worship in Small Groups
7. Shepherding the Flock: Caring for Each Sheep
8. Small Group Evangelism
9. Small Group Mission
10. Passing the Baton: Identifying and Developing Leaders
11. Anyone Can Lead
Appendix :Further Resources for Small Group Leaders