This ten-session LifeGuide® Bible Study includes ten sessions exploring service in a variety of contexts: family, the physical creation, society, the city, neighbors, relationships, the church and the workplace. Looking inside ministry specifically, R. Paul Stevens examines examples of service that were motivated by imagination, passion, faith, hope and love—from Genesis to Revelation. Out of these studies you will discover how to live and serve wholeheartedly. No matter what your profession, you are a full time minister of Jesus Christ.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
"Looking inside ministry, Stevens examines examples of service that were motivated by imagination, passion, faith, hope and love—from Genesis to Revelation. From these studies readers will discover how to live and serve wholeheartedly with the understanding that no matter their profession, they are full-time ministers for Christ."
1. Caring for Creation: Adam and Eve Genesis 1:26-2:15
2. Witnessing about Jesus: The Samaritan Woman John 4:1-42
3. Building up the People of God: Priscilla and Aquila Acts 18:18-28
4. Serving with Heart and Hands: Bezalel and Dorcas Exodus 35:30-36:1; Acts 9:32-43
5. Edifying Others Through the Arts: David 2 Samuel 6
6. Encouraging Friends to Find Strength in God: Jonathan 1 Samuel 23:7-18
7. Providing for One?s Family: The Entrepreneurial Woman Proverbs 31:10-31
8. Building Unity: Paul Romans 15:23-33; 1 Corinthians 16:1-4; 2 Corinthians 8:10-15
9. Seeking the Welfare of the City: Erastus Jeremiah 29:4-23; Romans 16:23; Acts 19:21-22
10.Doing Something Beautiful for God: Mary Mark 14:1-9