Old Testament Characters
Abraham is an unforgettable figure of faith. Daniel is a classic example of holiness. And through her willingness to risk her own life, Esther shows us what commitment means.
This twelve-session LifeGuide® Bible Study introduces you to twelve remarkable lives described in the Old Testament. The stories of these people from the ancient past can help you learn to live well even today.
This LifeGuide Bible Study in IVP Connect's revised format features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, as well as a "Now or Later" section following each session to help you act on what you learn.
PDF download with a single-user license; available from InterVarsity Press and other resellers.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
Getting the Most From Old Testament Characters
1. Jonah: Running from God - Jonah 1:1--3:3
2. Hannah: Praying in Pain - 1 Samuel 1
3. Samuel: Hearing God's Voice - 1 Samuel 3
4. Abraham: Following God's Call - Genesis 12
5. Caleb Joshua: Overcoming the Impossible - Numbers 13:26--14:10
6. Elijah: Knowing God's Power - 1 Kings 18:16-40
7. Achan: Sin in the Community - Joshua 7
8. King Saul: Doing Almost All of God's Will - 1 Samuel 15:1-23
9. Daniel: Tempted to Compromise - Daniel 1
10. Esther: Saying Yes to God - Esther 4
11. David: Loving Your Enemy - 1 Samuel 24
12. Moses: Seeking Justice - Exodus 2:11-25