Joseph faced hard times--more than once.
He was sold into slavery by his brothers.
He spent years imprisoned because of a false accusation.
And yet Joseph was able to live in forgiveness and hope, and God did great things in his life every step of the way. Paul Borthwick invites you to explore Joseph's story as a way toward discovering how God's dreams might be fulfilled in and through you.
This LifeGuide Bible Study features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, together with leader's notes and a "Now or Later" section in each study.
Getting the Most Out of Joseph
1. Building on Damaged Foundations - Genesis 29:14--30:24; 37:1-4
2. Dreams, Visions and Discretion - Genesis 37:5-11
3. Leaving Your Dream with God - Genesis 37:12-36
4. Sexual Purity: When All Else Fails--Run! - Genesis 39:6-20
5. The Integrity of a Servant - Genesis 39:1-6, 20-23
6. Discernment - Genesis 40:1--41:32
7. Long-Range Planning - Genesis 41:33-57
8. Forgiveness and Release - Genesis 42; 45:1-15; 50:15-21
9. Perseverance - Acts 7:9-16; selections from Genesis 37--50