To read Jonathan Edwards is to meet a flood of pure and overwhelming passion--passion for Christ, for people's souls, for godliness, for revival, for truth.
You may remember reading Jonathan Edwards's fiery sermons in school. Yet his challenge--and passion--goes well beyond mere rhetoric. In A Quest for Godliness J. I. Packer describes how Edwards "uncoils a length of reasoning with a slow, smooth exactness that is almost hypnotic in its power to rivet attention on the successive folds of truth sliding out into view."
As you work through Dale and Sandy Larsen's Christian Classic Bible Study based on Edwards's thought and teaching, you'll have the opportunity to grapple with Scripture and rekindle your own passion for God.
Introducing Jonathan Edwards
1. The Surrendered Heart: Christ is Sufficient--"The Excellence of Christ" and Colossians 1:15-23
2. The Trusting Heart: You Can Depend on God--"God Glorified in Man?s Dependence" and Ephesians 1:1-14
3. The Trained Heart: Doing Our Part--"The Importance and Advantage of a Thorough Knowledge of Divine Truth" and Hebrews 5:7-6:3
4. The Warm Heart: Loving God--"A Treatise Concerning Religious Affections" and 1 Peter 1:3-12
5. The Peaceful Heart: Finding Inner Quiet--"The Peace Which Christ Gives His True Followers" and John 14:15-31
6. The Forgiving Heart: Power to Forgive--"A Farewell Sermon" and 1 Corinthians 1:1-17
How to Lead a Christian Classics Bible Study