Jesus with Dirty Feet Discussion Guide
Have you suffered through a bad experience with church?
Have you encountered one—or several—insensitive Christians?
Please, says Don Everts, don't let that stop you from finding out more about the most compelling, audacious, wild-eyed, radical, revolutionary person that ever lived—Jesus!
In this discussion guide, Everts and Douglas Scott offer ten sessions of candid inquiries into who Jesus was, what he was like and whether or not it matters. Drawing on excerpts from his book Jesus with Dirty Feet as a jumping-off point, they also use each session to explore the big differences between institutional Christianity as you know it and the reality of following Jesus.
Introduction: Let the Clash Begin!
1. Christianity: Organ Music or Smelly Fishermen?
2. Jesus' Identity: Good Man or God Man?
3. Jesus' Friends: Religious Snobs or Moving Bowels?
4. Jesus' Teaching: Common Sense or Offensive Ideas?
5. Christians: Wallflowers or Revolutionaries?
6. Repentance: Sitting in the Corner or Dancing a Jig?
7. Church: Steeple or People?
8. Prayer: Religious Noise or Chatting with Mom?
9. The Bible: Thees Thous or Dripping Pages?
10. Salvation: Stingy Requirements or Grassy Feasts?
Suggestions for the Leader
Resources for Further Digging