Hard Sayings of the Bible
Are you grappling with a difficult verse in the Bible? And are you looking for a short, easy-to-read answer that really makes sense without explaining away the verse?
Hard Sayings of the Bible is the handy reference book you need. Here you will find explanations of over five hundred of the most troubling verses to test the minds and hearts of Bible readers. Four seasoned scholars, all with a notable gift for communicating with people in the pew, take you behind the scenes to find succinct solutions to a wide variety of Bible difficulties, ranging from discrepancies about numbers to questions about God's justice.
Historical, cultural and linguistic backgrounds shed light on these passages and not only help explain what they meant in biblical times but also show how they are relevant today.
Now carefully cross-referenced with over one hundred new verses explained, as well as a dozen new introductory articles on chronology, miracles, archaeology, prophecy and more, Hard Sayings of the Bible offers the combined resources of five previous volumes that have over 250,000 copies in print.
If you find yourself tied up in scriptural knots, here's the book that will help you cut through them.
How to Use This Book
1. How Do We Know Who Wrote the Bible?
2. Can We Believe in Bible Miracles?
3. Why Does God Seem So Angry in the Old Testament Loving in the New?
4. Why Don't Bible Genealogies Always Match Up?
5. Aren't Many Old Testament Numbers Wrong?
6. Do the Dates of the Old Testament Kings Fit Secular History?
7. Does Archaeology Support Bible History?
8. When the Prophets Say, "The Word of the Lord Came to Me," What Do They Mean?
9. Are Old Testament Prophecies Really Accurate?
10. Why Doesn't the New Testament Always Quote the Old Testament Accurately?
11. Are the New Testament Accounts of Demons True?
12. Why Are There Four Different Gospels?
Who Wrote What
About the Authors