Study Scripture with John Stott
In Christ we have salvation as a gift of grace. But what is our responsibility? Maybe you're confused about the various requirements different Christians say accompany being a follower of Christ. Galatians raises questions of law: What rules should a Christian follow? Are we exempt through Christ? These studies from Galatians help us understand what God—not others—requires of his followers and how we can live out our faith in both obedience and freedom.
John Stott was one of the world's leading and most-loved Bible teachers and preachers. In this Bible study guide you can explore Scripture under his guidance, enhancing your own in-depth study with insights gained from his years of immersion in God's Word.
1. Galatians 1:1-10, False Teachers and Faithless Christians
2. Galatians 1:11-24, Radical Change
3. Galatians 2:1-10, Only One Gospel
4. Galatians 2:11-21, Facing Conflict
5. Galatians 3:1-14, Faith and Works
6. Galatians 3:15-29, The Gift of the Law
7. Galatians 4:1-20, Children of God
8. Galatians 4:21-31, Celebrating Freedom
9. Galatians 5:1-15, True and False Religion
10. Galatians 5:16-25, The Flesh and the Spirit
11. Galatians 5:26–6:5, Loving One Another
12. Galatians 6:6-18, Sowing and Reaping
Guidelines for Leaders