Evangelistic Preaching That Connects
"One problem with evangelistic sermons is that they look and sound like evangelistic sermons."
So says Craig Loscalzo, respected preacher and teacher of preachers. He believes in the gospel and its unique power, but knows that today's pastors no longer proclaim the gospel in a more or less "Christian" culture.
Our pluralistic setting means that the evangelistic sermons of yesterday--which assumed a common premise and deep respect for Christian authorities--can no longer work so smoothly. So here you will find invaluable guidance in shaping evangelistic sermons that are fresh and appealing to today's unbeliever.
Evangelistic Preaching that Connects includes a rationale for evangelistic preaching, sample sermons and practical direction, making it ideal for working pastors and seminary students alike.
1. How Are They to Hear? Evangelism Preaching
2. Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Toward a Theology of Evangelistic Preaching
3. It Sure Doesn't Look Like an Evangelistic Sermon
4. Preaching Good News from the Old Testament
5. Preaching Good News from the New Testament
6. Practice What You Preach: Four Evangelistic Sermons
7. Responding to the Gospel: Now What Will You Do?
For Further Reading