Terrorism. Diseases. Hurricanes.
Every day the news reinforces what you want to forget—you live in an insecure world. Elijah's times were no safer. He faced famine, murder, and corruption—with both courage and fear. In this eight-session LifeGuide® Bible Study on Elijah's life, Douglas Connelly helps you look beyond the insecurity of the world to our sovereign God who reigns forever.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
Getting the Most Out of Elijah
1. Obeying God in Times of Terror - 1 Kings 16:29--17:4
2. When the Brook Dries Up - 1 Kings 17:5-24
3. Standing Alone - 1 Kings 18:1-40
4. Prevailing Prayer - 1 Kings 18:41-46
5. Defeating Discouragement - 1 Kings 19
6. Blood in the Vineyard - 1 Kings 21
7. When Mockers Speak - 2 Kings 1
8. Heaven Without Dying - 2 Kings 2:1-14