Distorted Images of God
Though we say God is loving, trustworthy and all-powerful, our actions and thoughts reveal the subtle and not-so-subtle lies we're believing: that God is impossible to please, manipulative, and likely to abandon us.
Written with compassion and conviction, this eight-session LifeGuide® Bible Study brings to light our distorted thinking and points us to the truth of who God is—the great healer who knows us intimately and pursues us with love.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
How to Get the Most Out of Distorted Images of God
1. The God of Impossible Expectations Versus the God of Compassion
2. The Emotionally Distant God Versus the God of Empathy and Grace
Hebrews 4:14-16, 5:1-10
3. The Inattentive God Versus the God Who Knows Us Intimately
4. The Abusive God Versus the God Who Heals Us
5. The Unreliable God Versus the God Who Is Trustworthy
6. The God Who Abandons Versus the God Who Pursues
7. The God Who Withholds Versus the God Who Provides
Matthew 6:25-34 and 7:7-11
8. The God Who Is Weak Versus the God Who Is All-Powerful