Discover Your Gifts
You have gifts! And you are a gift to the world around you. Because every human is fearfully and wonderfully made, each one of us has something to offer to the world. But we have not always identified or developed our gifts well, nor deployed them effectively.
Don Everts explores the gifts God has given every person and what new research reveals about the difference those gifts can make for us, our churches, and our communities. Churches have unfortunately focused mostly on spiritual gifts and vocations within the church. But we don't always recognize the wide range of abilities, skills, and aptitudes that all of us have, whether civic, artistic, or entrepreneurial. We each have God-given gifts and are called by God to use them in our vocations in the world. Discover how our gifts are a blessing to others and pave the way for reconnecting with our surrounding communities.
Foreword by Savannah Kimberlin
Introduction: Seeing Buzz Clearly
1. Everyone Is a Gift: The Power of Seeing People How God Sees Them
2. Everyone Has Gifts: The Power of Discovering the Gifts God Has Entrusted Us With
3. Everyone Is Called: The Power of Naming the Different Vocations God Has Called Us To
4. Everyone Can Grow: The Power of Helping Each Other Grow Our Gifts
5. Every Church Can Equip: The Power of Unleashing People to Use Their Gifts
Conclusion: Buzz’s Concert
Appendix 1: Research Partners
Appendix 2: Research Methodology
Appendix 3: Definitions
Appendix 4: The EveryGift Inventory