God created all of us for relationship with God and each other. Yet most people have felt left out at some point. For those with visible or invisible disabilities, attitudes and systems of ableism can particularly lead to deep hurt and barriers to fully participating in God's kingdom work. We all miss out when any members of the body of Christ are not included.
In this nine-session LifeGuide® Bible study, Deborah Abbs guides you to explore the deep love and acceptance of our heavenly Father and what it means for offering love and acceptance to one another. Through Old and New Testament stories and teachings on Christian community, we see how God responds in love to those who are often marginalized and excluded so that we too can welcome people of all different abilities.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
Getting the Most Out of Belonging
1. A True Place of Belonging and Inclusion Luke 7:36-50
2. God Created Us and Knows Us Psalm 139
3. Equal Access to the Father Ephesians 2:8-22
4. We All Have a Place at the Table 2 Samuel 9:1-13
5. A New Purpose for Us All Luke 5:1-11
6. A Different Kind of Healing Mark 2:1-12
7. Following Jesus' Example of Forgiveness Luke 23:32-49
8. God's Power Displayed in a Man Born Blind John 9:1-41
9. We All Have God-Given Gifts 1 Corinthians 12:1-27