Do you want to know God better?
Augustine of Hippo did too.
Looking inside his heart, he discovered an inward yearning for God that he was able to describe in his writings. "Our hearts are restless," he wrote, "because you have made us for yourself and our hearts find no peace until they rest in you."
For centuries those who have experienced spiritual passion to be filled with God have discovered in Augustine a friend, companion and guide. As you work through Carolyn Nystrom's Christian Classics Bible Study based on Augustine's thought and teaching, you'll have the opportunity to grapple with Scripture, reflect on your own heart's yearning and pursue the peace that comes from God alone.
1. The Questions of a Hungry mind: Hungry for God?--Confessions 1.1 and Psalm 145:1-9; 1 Peter 5:5-6; Romans 10:9-17
2. Confession Is Good for the Soul--Confessions 1.5; 2.1 and Psalm 32
3. Continuing Conversion: Hearing the Voice of God--Confessions 8.12 and Acts 9:1-22
4. Defending the Faith: Blame the Christians?--The City of God 1.36; 2.3 and 1 Peter 2:9-17
5. The Two Cities: God?s Home--The City of God 11.1; 14.1 and Hebrews 11:8-16
6. The City of God: The Source of Hope--The City of God 22.1; 22.30 and Revelation 21:1-8
How to Lead a Christian Classics Bible Study