Despite its importance in the New Testament and the priestly messianic promise identified by King David, relatively little has been written on Psalm 110 from a biblical-theological perspective.
By considering David's biblical warrant for bringing together priesthood and kingship in a single figure, Matthew Emadi shows how we are able to uncover the theological foundation on which Psalm 110 is built. He situates the psalm in Scripture's storyline, showing that Melchizedek's royal priesthood is tied to both creation and redemption.
2. Royal priesthood in Genesis
3. Israel’s royal priesthood and the Aaronic priesthood
4. The Davidic priest-king: Psalm 110 in Old Testament context
5. Exegesis of Psalm 110
6. Royal-priestly messianism: Psalm 110 in the intertestamental literature
7. Jesus, Psalm 110 and the Gospel of Mark
8. Psalm 110 and the Christology of Hebrews
Index of authors
Index of Scripture references