Sermon on the Mount
What does it mean to "seek first the kingdom of God" in our relationships, values, ambitions, finances and commitments? Jesus' answer to these questions amazed those who first heard the Sermon on the Mount. In this study guide, you'll dig deep into his startling and challenging message--the greatest sermon ever preached.
This LifeGuide Bible Study features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection. Leader's notes are included with information on study preparation, leading the study and small group components as well as helps for specific Bible passages covered in the study. Presented in a convenient workbook format and featuring the inductive Bible study approach, LifeGuides are thoroughly field-tested prior to publication; they're proven and popular guides for digging into Scripture on your own or with a small group.
Getting the Most Out of Sermon on the Mount
1. Unexpected Blessings - Matthew 5:1-12
2. God's Way to Make a Difference - Matthew 5:13-16
3. The Importance of Obeying God's Law - Matthew 5:17-20
4. What's Wrong with Private Sins? - Matthew 5:21-30
5. Faithfulness in Marriage Speech - Matthew 5:31-37; 19:3-9
6. How to Really Love Your Enemies - Matthew 5:38-48
7. How Not to Be Religious - Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18
8. A Pattern for Dynamic Prayer - Matthew 6:7-15
9. What God Thinks of My Ambitions - Matthew 6:19-34
10. Relationships That Encourage - Matthew 7:1-12
11. Detecting the Lies of Our World - Matthew 7:13-20
12. Making the Choice of a Lifetime - Matthew 7:21-29