SPECIAL OFFER | 25% off all LifeGuides or 40% off when you order 10 or more. Use promo code IVPLBS.
You pray for your own needs and for the needs of others. You pray in the face of conflict, and you pray for forgiveness. You pray to pour out your heart to God and to gain a glimpse of God's heart for you.
As David Healey leads you through twelve-session LifeGuide® Bible Study the prayers of men and women in the Bible (Mary, Abraham, Moses, Daniel and more!), you will gain new insights into why, what and how to pray. And you will experience more fully the adventure that prayer can be.
Now available in IVP's revised LifeGuide Bible Study format, Prayer features questions for starting group discussions and for personal reflection, as well as a new "Now or Later" section following each session.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
Getting the Most Out of Prayer
1. Conversing with God: Abraham - Genesis 18:16-33
2. Discovering God's Will: Moses - Exodus 32:1-14
3. Answered Prayer: Nehemiah - Nehemiah 1:1--2:8
4. Prayer Spiritual Conflict: Daniel - Daniel 10
5. Praying for the Nation: Ezekiel - Ezekiel 22:23-31
6. Praying for Everyone: Paul - 1 Timothy 2:1-8
7. Relying on God: David - Psalm 5
8. Being Honest with God: Hannah - 1 Samuel 1
9. Thanking God: Mary - Luke 1:46-53
10. Blessing Other People: Paul - Ephesians 1:15-23; 3:14-21
11. Praying Together: The Early Church - Acts 4:23-31
12. Praying with Confidence: Jesus - Luke 11:1-13