What would it be like to be discipled by Jesus himself? What would he teach you about relationships, priorities, wealth and his coming kingdom? What would you learn from his actions? Matthew's Gospel brings you face to face with Jesus as he calls, teaches and prepares his disciples. As you work through these eleven-session LifeGuide® Bible Study on Matthew, you can become one of those chosen followers.
This LifeGuide Bible Study features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection. Leader's notes are included with information on study preparation, leading the study and small group components as well as helps for specific Bible passages covered in the study. Presented in a convenient workbook format and featuring the inductive Bible study approach, LifeGuides are thoroughly field-tested prior to publication; they're proven and popular guides for digging into Scripture on your own or with a small group.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
PDF download with a single-user license; available from InterVarsity Press and other resellers.
Getting the Most Out of Matthew
Part 1: Discovering the King - Matthew 1:1--16:20
1. In Search of the King - Matthew 1--2
2. Preparing for the King - Matthew 3
3. The Beginning of the Kingdom - Matthew 4
4. The Law of the King (Part 1 - Matthew 5:1--6:18
5. The Law of the King (Part 2 - Matthew 6:19--7:29
6. The Powers of the King - Matthew 8:1--9:34
7. The Messengers of the King - Matthew 9:35--11:30
8. The Leaders the King - Matthew 12
9. The Parables of the King - Matthew 13
10. The Revelation of the King - Matthew 14
11. Understanding the King - Matthew 15:1--16:20
Part 2: The Rejection Resurrection of the King - Matthew 16:21--28:20
12. The Work of the King - Matthew 16:21--17:27
13. The Greatest in the Kingdom - Matthew 18
14. Life in the Kingdom - Matthew 19--20
15. The King Occupies His Capital - Matthew 21:1-27
16. The King Silences Opposition - Matthew 21:28--22:46
17. The King Condemns the Rebels - Matthew 23
18. The Return of the King - Matthew 24
19. Preparation for the King's Return - Matthew 25
20. The Betrayal of the King - Matthew 26
21. The Crucifixion of the King - Matthew 27
22. The Victory of the King - Matthew 28