Why do faithful people suffer?
Job wanted to know. So he demanded an answer from God. His friends thought he was crazy, but Job persisted. And, finally, God answered.
As Paul Stevens leads you through twelve-session LifeGuide® Bible Study, Job's questions and God's answers, you discover comfort, hope and meaning for the suffering in your own life.
This revised LifeGuide Bible Study features additional questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, together with expanded leader's notes and a "Now or Later" section in each study.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
PDF download with a single-user license; available from InterVarsity Press and other resellers.
Getting the Most Out of Job
1. Dueling with the Devil - Job 1:1--2:10
2. God in the Dark - Job 2:11--4:17
3. God-Talk: How Not to Be Spiritual Friends - Job 6
4. If God Were Only Human! - Job 7:7-21; 9:14--10:7
5. The Faith That Rebels - Job 13:1--14:17
6. Our Heavenly Guarantee - Job 16:7--17:3; 19:23-27
7. The Problem of Pain - Job 20:1-19; 21:1-16
8. The Silence of God - Job 23
9. Songs in the Night - Job 35; 36:13-16
10. God in the Storm - Job 38:1-11, 31-41; 40:1-5
11. The Joy of Repentence - Job 40:6-14; 42:1-6
12. Is Faith Always Worthwhile? - Job 42:7-17