The word hospitality brings to mind tables filled with cookies and pots of good coffee.
Offering food to friends is a wonderful ministry indeed, but the biblical concept of hospitality is much deeper and more significant. In these studies by Patty Pell, you'll discover the Old Testament call to hospitality as the distinguishing feature of those who are in relationship with God, the outward-focused expression of the grace and provision that one has received from God. In the New Testament the extension of life, provision and protection is expanded as Jesus unpacks image after image of the kingdom of God in the language of host and guests.
Come and discover God's call to hospitality.
PDF download with a single-user license; available from InterVarsity Press and other resellers.
Getting the Most Out of Hospitality
1. Hosting the Traveler - Genesis 18:1-16; Exodus 2:15-22
2. Loving Out of Remembrance - Deuteronomy 10:12-22; 24:10-22
3. Kindness Beyond Expectations - Ruth 2; 4:13-22
4. A Heart of Hospitality - Psalm 146
5. Fasting the Lord's Way - Isaiah 58
6. Dwelling in Service - Matthew 25:31-46
7. Offering Your Resources Mark 6:30-44
8. Feasting through Sacrifice - Luke 22:7-30
9. Destroying Barriers - Acts 10