Jesus can change you, no matter what your life situation.
He can give you peace, hope and joy in the most desperate circumstances.
But you need a life-changing encounter with him.
Douglas Connelly examines the stories of how eight people--among them a scholar, a failure, a blind man and an adulteress--found their lives changed forever when they met Jesus Christ. Looking at their lives can give you hope when you find yourself dealing failure or with an emptiness nothing in life seems to fill.
The good news is that Jesus is waiting to meet you and longing to offer you what you need most.
This LifeGuide Bible Study features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, together with leader's notes and a "Now or Later" section in each study.
Getting the Most Out of Encountering Jesus
Part 1: Jesus Offers New Life
1. Water for the Thirsty - John 4:1-30
2. Searching for Truth - John 3:1-21
3. Caught in the Act - John 8:1-11
4. Finding Forgiveness - Luke 7:36-50
Part 2: Jesus Offers Hope
5. Facing Failure - John 21:1-19
6. Set Free - Mark 5:1-20
7. Seeing the Light - John 9:1-38
8. When All Else Fails - Luke 8:40-48