Are you tired of pat answers to your hard questions of faith?
The writer of Ecclesiastes is not afraid to confront your dilemmas. Like "Where can you find fulfillment?" And "Who is really in control of this world that seems so topsy-turvy?" Or "Is there any value in my work, my struggles, my life?"
As you explore this fascinating Old Testament book with Bill and Teresa Syrios, you will discover how God brings meaning to the world and how following God brings meaning to your life.
Now available in IVP's revised LifeGuide Bible Study format, Ecclesiastes features questions for starting group discussions and for personal reflection, as well as a new "Now or Later" section following each session.
Getting the Most Out of Ecclesiastes
Part 1: Making Sense Out of Life - Ecclesiastes 1--6
1. Is It All Meaningless? - Ecclesiastes 1:1-11
2. Where Can We Find Fulfillment? - Ecclesiastes 1:12--2:16
3. What Is the Value of Work? - Ecclesiastes 2:17-26
4. Who Is Really in Control? - Ecclesiastes 3:1--4:3
5. What Attitudes Should We Embrace? - Ecclesiastes 4:4--5:7
6. What Does It Take to Be Content? - Ecclesiastes 5:8--6:12
Part 2: Living Life Sensibly - Ecclesiastes 7--12
7. Where Can We Find Wisdom? - Ecclesiastes 7:1--8:1
8. How Shall We Live Under Authority? - Ecclesiastes 8:2-17
9. What Meaning Does Death Bring to Life? - Ecclesiastes 9:1-12
10. How Do We Live Sensibly? - Ecclesiastes 9:13--10:20
11. Is It Worth the Risk? - Ecclesiastes 11:1--12:8
12. What Makes Life Meaningful? - Ecclesiastes 12:9-14