In essentials unity. In nonessentials liberty. In all things charity.
Almost daily Christians are bombarded by strange new teachings about Jesus. The worldwide proliferation of new religious movements has created confusion in the church.
In down-to-earth language, Doctrine Twisting addresses and answers these questions.
With the firm conviction that God has sufficiently and finally revealed himself in Christ and through the Bible, H. Wayne House and Gordon Carle explore in detail the doctrines of the Trinity, revelation, sin, Christ's divinity, the atonement, faith and works, the second coming and the afterlife. In each chapter they outline the biblical basis for the historic orthodox position and then analyze and refute deviations from these truths.
Doctrine Twisting will help Christians more fully serve God and minister to others through a better understanding of the essential doctrines of the Bible and the doctrinal errors of new religious movements.
2. Revelation: How Is the Bible the Word of God?
3. Who or What Is God?
4. Jesus Christ: Man, Myth or More?
5. Jesus' Resurrection: Was It His Actual Body?
6. The Holy Spirit: What Can We Know About Him?
7. Humanity and Sin: Who Are We, and What Have We Done?
8. The Atonement: How Can We Be Saved by the Death of Christ?
9. Salvation: Is It by Faith or by Works?
10. Christ's Second Coming: Is It Physical or Spiritual?
11. The Doctrine of Rewards and Punishments: How Will God Mete Out Justice?
12. Onward Christian Soldiers
New Religious Movements and Beliefs Index