Craig Keener and Glenn Usry's highly acclaimed Black Man's Religion showed in impressive detail that Christianity and Afrocentricity can go together. Now they turn to specific, nitty-gritty questions put to the black church by non-Christians:
Keener and Usry meet these and other important questions head-on, providing responses relevant to and especially for black men and women.
1. A Black Religion: What Do You Say When Someone Claims That Christianity Is a White Religion?
2. What Do You Say When a Muslim Says Christians Were Proslavery?
3. What Do You Say When Others Complain That Christians Did Not Oppose the Slave Trade?
4. What Do You Say When Someone Claims That All Christian Doctrines Begin in Africa?
5. How Do We Answer the Nation of Islam?
6. How Do We Answer Orthodox Muslim Attacks on Christianity?
7. How Do We Answer Other Challenges to Christianity?
8. Are the Gospels Really True?
9. Why Does It Matter?
Appendix A: One Example of How the Bible Does Relate to Egyptian and Other Ancient Cultures
Appendix B: The Accuracy of Accounts in the Pentateuch