Do you sometimes wish that the Bible could make your decisions for you?
Donald Baker is familiar with this desire. He writes, "God has given me free will, and while I appreciate his confidence in my ability to choose, there are times when I wish that he would make the decisions for me."
The Bible won't give you a direct answer to each choice—or dilemma—you face. But the Bible will teach you how to make decisions wisely, confidently and in harmony with God's will. These studies introduce you to the Bible's lessons on decisionmaking—and show you how to apply what you learn to your own decisions, big and small.
This LifeGuide Bible Study in IVP's revised format features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, as well as a new "Now or Later" section following each session to help you act on what you learn.
PDF download with a single-user license; available from InterVarsity Press and other resellers.
Getting the Most Out of Decisions
1. Why God is Silent? - Isaiah 58
2. Hard Painful Decisions - Acts 20:17-21:14
3. God's Unique Plan - Romans 12
4. The Anatomy of a Wise Decision - Proverbs 3:1-26
5. Good Advice - 2 Timothy 3:10--4:8
6. Keep On Praying - Luke 11:1-13; 18:1-18
7. How Does God Speak? - John 14: 15-17
8. What If I Make the Wrong Decision? - Genesis 16
9. Worry-Free Decisions - Luke 12:13-34