Life among Christians can be great. But it can also be exasperating!
The joys of fellowship in Christ too often give way to division and debate. You may find yourself drawn into arguments over such things as the correct form of worship or the proper role of charismatic gifts. Perhaps you wonder, Why don't we get along together as we should? Or How can we recapture the unity of the early church?
Surprisingly, the first Christian believers didn't always live in harmony either! As Paul Stevens and Dan Williams lead you through this thirteen-session LifeGuide® Bible Study on 1 Corinthians, you will see that the issues facing the Corinthian church are little different from the ones your church struggles with year after year. Here in 1 Corinthians is a portrait of Christian community not as it was meant to be, but as it often really is. But here too is practical advice for overcoming the challenges of life together.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
Getting the Most Out of 1 Corinthians
1. Called in Christ: Thankful Together or Falling Apart - 1 Corinthians 1
2. Mind of Christ: True Wisdom from the Spirit - 1 Corinthians 2:1--3:4
3. Founded on Christ: Working Together with God - 1 Corinthians 3:5-23
4. Servants of Christ: At the End of the Parade - 1 Corinthians 4
5. Members of Christ: The Body Is Meant for the Lord - 1 Corinthians 5--6
6. Devoted to Christ: Marrying When Time Is Short - 1 Corinthians 7
7. Living for Christ: The Right to Relinquish Rights - 1 Corinthians 8--9
8. Eating with Christ: All for the Glory of God - 1 Corinthians 10
9. Headship of Christ: Truly Worshiping Together - 1 Corinthians 11
10. Body of Christ: Manifestations for the Common Good - 1 Corinthians 12
11. Love of Christ: The Most Excellent Way - 1 Corinthians 13
12. Speaking for Christ: Mature Orderly Worship - 1 Corinthians 14
13. Hope in Christ: The Resurrection the Life - 1 Corinthians 15--16