Women's Liberation Jesus Style
Women like you are changing the world.
The empowerment of women is a phenomenon that has alternately been trumpeted, ignored, advanced and squelched. But inch by inch, mile by mile, women continue to seek--and discover--the path to richer, more meaningful lives.
In these pages Stephanie Bibb brings together some of the brightest stars from the African American pulpit to address this collective quest of women from all walks of life. With refreshing insight and passion, these preachers and teachers explore the issues you care about, like
Use this book to heal and encourage your mind, spirit and soul. Or make it your guide for Sunday school classes and small group discussions. You'll find questions at the end of each chapter that are a great resource for digging deeper.
Above all, read this book to be transformed by knowing and following Jesus. You'll discover that amid the challenging situations or frustrating setbacks in your life, "all things are possible through Christ." Even changing your world.
1. The Battle for Self-Esteem: My Friend Sam - Rev. Dr. Brenda Salter McNeil
2. Coping with Grief and Pain: Family Focus on a Friday Afternoon - Rev. Brenda J. Little
3. Building Relationships That Endure: Love That Goes the Distance - Rev. Barbara J. Heard
4. Never Ever Give Up: Pressing for My Blessing - Rt. Rev. Vashti M. McKenzie
5. The Workplace Blues: Women's Liberation Jesus Style - Dr. J. Alfred Smith Sr.
6. My Sister, Myself: That Was Then . . . This Is Now: The Story of Hagar Sarai - Rev. Marsha Thomas
7. It's Time to Make a Change: Breaking Free from the "Waiting to Exhale" Syndrome - Dr. Jeanne L. Porter
8. Taming a Wild Woman: Jesus Made the Difference - Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr.
Appendix: Reading Women's Liberation Jesus Style with a Small Group