The Goldilocks Zone
The untimely passing of Mike Ovey, the former principal of Oak Hill College, in January 2017 was met with a wave of appreciation for his theological contribution to evangelicalism in the UK and across the world. It was said that his students were his writing—indeed he wrote few books. So here, for the first time together, are a collection of articles that Mike wrote for theological journals and conferences. They show the breadth and depth of his intellect and originality.
1. The Goldilocks Zone
2. Projection Atheism: Why Reductionist Accounts of Humanity Can Lead to Reductionist Accounts of God
3. Can Antigone Work in a Secularist Society?
4. The Echo Chamber of Idolatry
5. The Art of Imperious Ignorance
6. Courtier Politicians and Courtier Preachers
7. Colonial Atheism: A Very British Vice
8. Is It a Mistake to Stay at the Crossroads?
9. Choose Your Fears Carefully
10. The Covert Thrill of Violence? Reading the Bible in Disbelief
11. Is the Wrath of God Extremist?
12. Off the Record: Sorrow at Another’s Good?
13. Liberty, What Crimes Are Committed in Thy Name?
14. From Moral Majority to Evil Disbelievers: Coming Clean about Christian Atheism
15. The Right to Ridicule?
Appropriating Aulen? Employing Christus Victor Models of the Atonement
Can We Speak of 'the' Gospel in a Postmodern World? (from God's Power to Save
GAFCON talks: Jerusalem 2008 (2), Nairobi 2013
Thanksgiving service sermon—Peter Jensen