Reading the Bible is one of the most important disciplines you can practice.
And the way you approach the Bible affects your interaction with God.
In this study guide, Jan Johnson covers the disciplines of study and meditation. Going deeper into God's Word—learning to immerse yourself in God's thoughts—will lead you to live in a more Christlike way.
"Jan Johnson gives realistic direction on what we can do to make connecting with God the basis of day to day existence. Such a relationship cannot be handed to us, but we can be led into it by someone who knows the way. She does. She opens a path on which anyone can actually and continuously grow in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ--anyone, no matter their background or circumstances."
Introducing Study Meditation
1. Immersing Yourself in God's Thoughts - Deuteronomy 6:1-9
2. Reading and Responding to Scripture - Nehemiah 8:1-18; 9:1-3, 38
3. Comprehending God's Truth - Isaiah 11:1-9
4. Meditation and Obedience - Psalm 119:97-104
5. A Biblical Model - Luke 1:46-55; 1 Samuel 2:1-10
6. Entering a Gospel Scene - Mark 10:17-23
Guidelines for Leaders