Spirituality According to Jesus
What does it mean to be "spiritual"?
Who can you trust to show you the way?
In a day when spirituality is trendy and fashionable, it's difficult to discern truth from hype. In this discussion guide, Rebecca Manley Pippers creates a safe place to explore your questions about spirituality. On your own or with a group, you'll take a closer look at Luke's narrative to discover what Jesus said about the best way to live and what his teaching may mean for your own life.
Each study is packed with historical information, challenging questions and thought-provoking quotes, but it won't answer all your questions. In fact it may bring up new ones! But, no matter what, it will help get you started on your journey toward faith.
Use Looking at the Life of Jesus with other Saltshaker Resources, How to Lead a Seeker Bible Discussion (a step-by-step guide for leaders), Talking About Jesus Without Sounding Religious (a how-to book on sharing your faith with confidence), The Way of Jesus (a book to give away to seekers) and Looking at the Life of Jesus and People Who Met Jesus (both seeker-oriented Bible discussion guides).
1. Preparing for Jesus - Luke 1:1-38
2. Presenting Jesus - Luke 2
3. The Power of Good over Evil - Luke 3:21-23; 4:1-30
4. The Power of Jesus Released - Luke 4:31--5:11
5. The Power of Jesus Revealed - Luke 5:12-31
6. The Plan for True Living - Luke 6:27-45
7. The Power to Overcome Suffering - Luke 8:22-56
8. Who Do You Say That I Am? - Luke 9:10-36