Simplicity & Fasting
You may often hear it said—or maybe you say it yourself, "Less is more." But what does it really mean?
In this study guide, Jan Johnson covers the disciplines of simplicity and fasting. Leading a simple life can help you focus on what is truly important. Fasting can help you learn to hunger for the things that really matter. Going deeper in these areas will help you live deliberately for God.
"Jan Johnson gives realistic direction on what we can do to make connecting with God the basis of day to day existence. Such a relationship cannot be handed to us, but we can be led into it by someone who knows the way. She does. She opens a path on which anyone can actually and continuously grow in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ--anyone, no matter their background or circumstances."
Introducing Simplicity and Fasting
1. The Single-Hearted Person - Matthew 6:19-24, 33
2. Less Is More - Matthew 6:24-34
3. Simple Talk - Matthew 5:33-37
4. When Fasting Becomes Feasting - Matthew 4:1-11; John 6:48-51
5. Hearts Laid Bare - 1 Samuel 7:3-13
6. What's Behind the Fast? - Matthew 6:16-18; Isaiah 58:1-11
Guidelines for Leaders