Released from Shame
Do you feel
If these questions fit you, you may be experiencing shame. Often shame comes from being raised in a family that has an impaired ability to provide its members with healthy nurturing. As a result, you carry emotional scars into adult life, longing for happiness but feeling unworthy of it.
Sandra Wilson knows much about "shame-based" families--both from personal experience and from her years as a family therapist. Drawing from this background, she teaches you biblical principles that have helped her and many others work through painful issues and learn new, healthier ways to live. In this revised edition, Wilson also includes help for parents who want to break the intergenerational cycle of shame and give their children a "grace-based" foundation for life.
1. My story: "Half a Loaf"
2. Understanding Shame Stumbling
3. Shame in Unhealthy Families
4. Rules in Unhealthy Families
5. Abuse Shaming in Unhealthy Families
6. Abuse Shaming by Christian Parents
7. Understanding Consequences Change
8. Released from Shaming Our Flaws
9. Released from Shaming Our Feelings
10. Released from Shame-based Overdependency
11. Released from Shame-based Concepts of God
12. Released to Forgive the Shamers
13. Released to Release Our Children
14. Released to Potential Purpose
Appendix A: Your Identity in Christ
Appendix B: Attributes of God