Reflection & Confession
Confessing sins is not easy. After all, it is always hard to admit when you are wrong!
Why do you need to confess your sins to God?
How can confessing sin to God and other people affect your daily life?
In this study guide, Jan Johnson covers the disciplines of reflection and confession. Going deeper in these areas will help you to recognize, savor and respond to God's abundant love and forgiveness.
"Jan Johnson gives realistic direction on what we can do to make connecting with God the basis of day to day existence. Such a relationship cannot be handed to us, but we can be led into it by someone who knows the way. She does. She opens a path on which anyone can actually and continuously grow in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ--anyone, no matter their background or circumstances."
Introducing Reflection and Confession
1. Believing in a God Who Heals - Psalm 103
2. Letting God Search My Heart - 1 Corinthians 13:1-7
3. Confessing to God - Psalm 51
4. Coming Clean to Others - 2 Samuel 11:22--12:14
5. Recognizing God's Presence in My Life - Psalm 65:1-13
6. Journaling - Jeremiah 15:10-21; 17:5-8
Guidelines for Leaders