Parenting is hard work, full of tough choices and new situations. And many voices compete with ours for our children's attention. In a rapidly changing world, how can we parent in a way that will cause our children to love Christ deeply and live for him? These studies by Richard Patterson Jr. address nine parenting challenges, pointing us directly to time-tested truth from Scripture that helps us raise our children with wisdom and joy.
PDF download with a single-user license; available from InterVarsity Press and other resellers.
Getting the Most Out of Parenting
1. A "God's Eye View" of Our Chidren, Mark 10:13-16
2. A Firm Family Foundation, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
3. Demonstrating God's love, 1 Corinthians 13:1-8
4. Training Our Children in God's Ways, Deuteronomy 6:1-9
5. The Seasons of Parenting, Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
6. Godly Discipline in the Home, Hebrews 12:5-11
7. God Through Our Children's Eyes, Psalm 145
8. Coping with the "Lost" Child, Luke 15:11-32
9. Creating a Legacy for Our Children, Joshua 4:1-9, 19-24