You can send ebooks purchased at ivpress.com to your Amazon Kindle device for easy reading. But before you send your first ebook, set up your Amazon Kindle account as follows (you’ll only need to do this once).
How to Set Up Your Amazon Account
Make sure your Amazon account is set up correctly so that your Kindle can receive ebooks you purchase at ivpress.com:
- Go to Amazon.com and log in to your account.
- Scroll over your "Account & Lists" menu in the upper navigation bar and click on "Manage Your Content and Devices."
- Click on the "Your Devices" tab to double check that your desired device is connected to your Amazon account. If your desired device isn't listed, you'll need to go through the steps to register the device you want to use.
- Click on the "Settings" tab, then review your "Personal Document Settings."
- Make sure that "Personal Document Archiving" is enabled.
- Take a look at the "Approved Personal Document E-mail List" and make sure that the email address from which you are trying to send the ebook file is in the approved sender list—or add it if it is not.
- Make note of the email address shown in the "Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Settings."
Once you have configured these settings, you should be able to email (or transfer by USB) any mobi or PDF file to your Kindle device or app.
How to Send an Ebook File to Your Kindle Device
Click on the "Your Content" tab within "Manage Your Content and Devices." You will see all the items you've purchased from Amazon.com or that you have uploaded to your account from other sources.
- If you see your desired ebook, simply click the "Actions" button to the left of the item to deliver that file to your Kindle device or app.
- If the ebook you purchased at ivpress.com does not appear here, you'll need to send it to your Kindle device or app.
- From a computer: Sign in to your ivpress.com account and go to "My Downloads." Download the file to your computer or to DropBox (see Ebooks Help page for more details). Then attach it to an email addressed to your Send-to-Kindle email (or transfer it to your device over a USB connection following Amazon’s instructions). Then check your email on your mobile device or Kindle and follow the instructions to open the file in the compatible app.
- On your mobile device or Kindle: Sign in to your ivpress.com account and go to "My Downloads." Click on the ebook file you want and follow the instructions to open it directly in any compatible app you have installed, including the Kindle app (or attach it to an email addressed to your Send-to-Kindle email and then open it from your email).
One more note: Kindle devices and apps can generally handle mobi and PDF files. Some can handle other file types; you'll need to check Amazon’s website to find out which file types your device or app can handle. See Amazon's Send-to-Kindle support pages for more help.
We hope this information is helpful to you as you read on your Kindle. For general ebooks help, see our Ebooks Help page.